After few weeks of comparing available online forum platforms, it is now ready. Fully functional but the theme that’s not look integrated. The name is City Shopping Forum.
I invite everyone to join, there are two methods to register; using the standard registration or by using the integrated login services. It currently accept Twitter, OpenID, Facebook, and Google.
The forum is categorized by shopping category. Tagging is an extra way to categorize the discussion based on cities, countries, brands, etc.
The directory section is almost ready as well, just need an extra week or two. Since the directory will be put in each city subdomains, it is not ready until the main publishing platform (the main site) is. I have not yet decide the best navigation structure for it.
In a meanwhile, you can send your business listing by using this directory submission form. Every submission will be accepted and listed later in the directory as long as it’s complete and accurate.
Get FREE Traveler's Guide by Email
CityShoppingPoint.com current state of development is personal project, and apart from it I also have other duty as a teacher, thus it seems like no progress to mere eyes, though I work hard developing it.
I never thought it would take many effort, and according to my estimate it would only be a 2-3 months project, just like my other online projects. I was so wrong! The fact is; when we do something new seriously and with deep thinking, the details requiring extra attention will appear and it usually need second thoughts.
But I keep it simple, and find many new enlightenments when I get through it. I have passed many learning hills and still more to come. It makes this project feels like never end, but I feel happy to get through it anyway for I learn a lot. I devote every single knowledge I have learned in this project and I foreseen it will bring many benefit to its users.
Almost all major functionalities are ready to use, there are a few that need further refinements. Such as writing function in member area. Basic stuff but without it the main function is almost useless. Also the user flow in the system needs to be better figured. Affiliate program is in place. Needs more tests though before the registration is opened. Every paid service of CityShoppingPoint.com will generate lifetime income (for recurring services) to affiliate partners. I insist to provide win-win solution for every user of CityShoppingPoint.com
Many ideas are popping up, but the limiting factors are my time and energy. My rough calculation, this project need at least 3 more months until it is ready for live test.
It’s still the very infancy of CityShoppingPoint.com. I am brainstorming and exploring every possibilities to maximize benefits to the user/member.
- SEO Links. Member may put a link to their website – if they have one. It will be dofollow and given the anchor text – good for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Maps. There will be some integration with Google Maps to facilitate searching any shopping points nearby.
- SMS Notification. One thing I always have in mind is to give every member the ability to receive SMS notification when there’s new comment. The notification will go to the author of the post.
- Virtual store. There will be virtual store to display products completed with shopping cart.
- Advertisement. In-page ads can be removed for special type of membership.
- Sub-domains. Every city will have its own sub-domain. It simplifies the categorization and again, nice for SEO. For example London, UK will be http://london.cityshoppingpoint.com
- Mobile access. CityShoppingPoint.com will be accessible through mobile devices. The map facility seems to be the most difficult to integrate .
- Affiliate. Our affiliate program will be one of the most generous one.
As I say, it’s still very infant stage of the project, there will be modifications, improvements, and removals to those ideas. I put it here to remind myself.